• Approximately 1.2km around (circumference)
• Water capacity is approximately 314 mega litres
• Construction of Lake Fred Tritton began November 2002, completed in February 2003
• Named after the late Fred Tritton, former Mayor of Richmond and local grazier
• Official opening May 2004
In 2004, Lake Fred Tritton won both the State and National Heart Foundation Awards for offering a better quality of life for people living in rural communities. The lake has provided locals and visitors the opportunity to participate in water sports such as fishing, skiing, canoeing and jet skiing.
Lake Fred Tritton boasts sandy beaches, shaded playground facilities, Water Park, paved walking track, free BBQ facilities and clean amenities.
The lake is stocked with over 18 species of fish by the Richmond Fish Stocking Association. Species include red claw yabbies, barramundi, sooty grunter, sleepy cod, archer fish, forktail catfish, gulf grunter and many more.
An Annual Fishing Competition is held at the Lake. Enquire at Kronosaurus Korner for more details. Bird watching is a very popular activity at Lake Fred Tritton.
Lake Fred Tritton’s Fishing Information (1.03MB)