Richmond Pioneer Cemetery is located off the Flinders Highway on the western side of town, immediately after crossing the railway line. The Richmond Pioneer Cemetery displays inscriptions dating from 1886 to 1921. Unfortunately, only about 30 or so headstones remain from around 300 burials. In some cases the broken segments have been reassembled and laid flat, in others they have been repaired and remounted.
However, exhibited on the site are panels listing all known burials at this location. We found a few variations between the data posted, the headstone inscriptions and the Queensland deaths register, but this is to be expected in the transcription of old handwritten records.
The cemetery is fenced on three sides and maintained by Richmond Shire Council.
Alist all inscriptions for this cemetery can be viewed by clicking on the link below. This list was compiled withreference to the Queensland indices of births, deaths and marriages.
Richmond Pioneer Cemetery list of all inscriptions (58.8KB)